The general guidelines for applying to our Transitional Year Program are as follows:
1. Applications are accepted through ERAS only.
- Last date applications accepted: First week of November
- Interview dates from the last week of October to the first week of January
- You will be contacted via email if you are offered an interview
- Must have passed Step 1 & Step 2 on first attempt
- Three (3) letters of recommendation and Dean’s Letter from medical school
- Qualify to receive a Limited Medical License from State of Michigan
2. International Medical Graduates
- Graduation from medical school no more than three (3) years from the start of TY program
- Clinical experience as a physician in a hospital no more than two (2) years from the start of TY program
- J1 visas only
- Must have passed step 1 and step 2 on first attempt
- Valid ECFMG prior to the start of TY program
If you have questions regarding these guidelines, please email Andrea.Morse@spectrumhealth.org.
Salary and Benefits
Spectrum Health provides a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package for our residents, staff and their families. Please visit our Salary and Benefits page to learn more.
The interview day starts at 9:30 am. You will be given a tour of Spectrum Health by a current Transitional Year Resident and then taken to lunch. You will return and interview with Dr. Qadir, our Program Director.
Your day should end approximately 3:00 pm or earlier.