The general guidelines for applying to our Transitional Year Program are as follows:
1. Applications are accepted through ERAS only.
- Last date applications accepted: First week of November
- Interview dates from the last week of October to the first week of January
- You will be contacted via email if you are offered an interview
- Must have passed Step 1 & Step 2 on first attempt
- Three (3) letters of recommendation and Dean’s Letter from medical school
- Qualify to receive a Limited Medical License from State of Michigan
2. International Medical Graduates
- Graduation from medical school no more than three (3) years from the start of TY program
- Clinical experience as a physician in a hospital no more than two (2) years from the start of TY program
- J1 visas only
- Must have passed step 1 and step 2 on first attempt
- Valid ECFMG prior to the start of TY program
If you have questions regarding these guidelines, you may email our program administrator, Cathie Hansen.
Salary and Benefits
Spectrum Health provides a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package for our residents, staff and their families. Please visit our Salary and Benefits page to learn more.
The interview day starts at 9:30 am. You will be given a tour of Spectrum Health by a current Transitional Year Resident and then taken to lunch. You will return and interview with Dr. Qadir, Program Director, and meet with Cathie Hansen, our Program Administrator.
Your day should end approximately 3:00 pm or earlier.