We participate in the NRMP (National Residency Matching Program)
NRMP Code: 2077140C0
- All applications are accepted through ERAS.
- Applications will be evaluated on an individual basis and applicants granted an interview as space allows
- We require 3 letters of recommendation, including a letter from the Internal Medicine Department Chair
- We prefer scores of 210 or higher on both Step 1 and Step 2 of the USMLE on your first attempt
- MD applicants: Results for Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS exam must be available to be considered for ranking
- DO applicants: We prefer USMLE Steps 1 and 2 but will accept COMLEX 1 and 2
- We prefer passing score result on the CS exam on your first attempt
- We prefer recent medical school graduates (within the last 2 years)
- Our institution only sponsors J1 visas.
Please contact Mary Fountain with application questions.
Phone: (616) 391-3746
Weekdays: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Salary and Benefits
Spectrum Health provides a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package for our residents, staff and their families. Please visit our Salary and Benefits page to learn more.
We interview applicants on Tuesday and Wednesday. Your day will begin at 6:45 a.m. and end by 2:00 p.m.
We have opportunities for visiting medical students, residents, and other learners to rotate on our service. All visiting rotations are organized through the GRMEP scheduling office. Please visit the GRMEP Visiting Learner page for more information and to begin the application process.