1. Medical School Graduation within the last 3 years (with the exception of other career)
2. Applications accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only. Application deadline is November 15.
3. Include Dean’s letter and 3 letters of recommendation from faculty who have worked with you in a clinical setting.
If you have research experience, a letter from your mentor would be helpful. We also require a personal statement, medical school transcript and a score from your USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Step 1 to complete your application. In addition, a USMLE Step 2 or COMLEX Step 2 score is preferred.
For more information email Haley Ritter .
Salary and Benefits
Spectrum Health provides a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package for our residents, staff and their families. Please visit our Salary and Benefits page to learn more.
We interview on Thursdays from October to December. We interview by invitation only and due to the overwhelming number of worthy applicants who apply to our program, you will be encouraged to schedule your interview as soon as possible upon receiving your invitation.
We have opportunities for visiting medical students, residents, and other learners to rotate on our service. All visiting rotations are organized through the GRMEP scheduling office. Please visit the GRMEP Visiting Learners page for more information and to begin the application process.
Make a Great Individual Commitment
- As with life, you get out of it, what you put into it. It is no different with residency, regardless of the program you train at.
- We expect excellence of ourselves and of our residents to help deliver exceptional care for our patients in their time of need.
- We expect you to work hard to better yourself as a person and physician. In other words, show up early, stay late, and put in extra effort. In return we provide an exceptional education, and the dividends you will receive downstream will be immeasurable.
- When you look back on your training at this program, you’ll remember it to be difficult yet rewarding, but well worth the effort!