Criteria for application to Spectrum Health Family Medicine Residency Program:
- Be a participant in NRMP
- NRMP Code: 2077120C1
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident or qualify to be sponsored via J-1 visa.
- Graduation from medical school should be within 3 years or you should be recently clinically active in the practice of medicine. Research time and observerships do not qualify as clinical involvement.
- Be eligible to be licensed in all 50 states and US Territories as demonstration by:
- Graduation from an LCME fully-Accredited Medical School
- Graduation from an AOA/COCA fully-accredited medical school
- International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
- Have a valid ECFMG certification for rank by February 1, 2018
- Applicants must have received all of their medical school education from and graduated from a medical school recognized or approved by the Medical Board of California. The medical school’s name must exactly match the name on the Board’s list of recognized medical schools. http://www.mbc.ca.gov/Applicants/Medical_Schools/Schools_Recognized.aspx
- Must have good command of the English language as demonstrated by a face to face interview
- Minimum score requirement attained preferably on first attempt:
- USMLE Step 1:200 by second attempt
- USMLE STEP 2 CK:217 by second attempt
- COMLEX 1/2 : 415/420 by second attempt
- USMLE STEP 2 CS/COMLEX level 2 PE: pass on first attempt ONLY
- All scores in prior to February 1, 2018
- We do accept MS4 electives for current medical students – apply via our website
- Offer observership or externship: No
- We require three letters of recommendation plus Dean’s letter
Salary and Benefits
Spectrum Health provides a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package for our residents, staff and their families. Please visit our Salary and Benefits page to learn more.